Friday, January 8, 2010

V Magazine Size Issue Preview : Day 4

I'm new to the blogosphere, so I was not able to post/comment on days 1 - 3 of V Magazine's Size Issue preview -- FYI: the issue will hit stands on January 14th. But, if you only looked at one of the preview days, I guarantee you will be completely amazed at the shots. But, this issue isn't completely about curvy women, it is an issue celebrating ALL women. I am super excited to pick up my copy next Thursday!



Day 4 is titled, Coco a Go-Go and is styled by Karl Lagerfeld. Anyone who is not familiar with Mr. Lagerfeld, he is the head designer and creative director of Chanel and he also has his lace covered hands in Fendi. I find this pairing very ironic because not too long ago, Mr. Lagerfeld had this to say:
No one wants to see curvy women," he was quoted as saying on the website of news magazine Focus. "You've got fat mothers with their bags of chips sitting in front of the television and saying that thin models are ugly." The 71-year-old designer added: "Nobody wants to see a round woman."

Those are very interesting comments, especially considering that this was Mr. Lagerfeld, then....



and this is Mr. Lagerfeld, now....



...exactly....

Here are some other pictures from Day 4:





Day 2: Curves Ahead by Sølve Sundsbø





Day 1: One Size Fits All by Terry Richardson featuring one of my favorite Plus-Size models, Crystal Renn





All images are copyright V Magazine and respective photographers.

No comments:

Post a Comment