Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Knee High

Not to toot my own horn. But, I generally receive alot of compliments on my boots (*toot* *toot*). When you have chunky calves, like many fatshionistas do, its hard to find boots that fit the circumference of your calf and still keep the fashion factor high on the list. I think many of us are very grateful for the bootie revolution. But, we also want to have a great pair of knee-highs and if I dare say, thigh-high boots. Ow! Ow!

I scoured the internet to find the best options for my chunky calves sisters and I think I came up with some great fashionable and affordable options. Keep in mind that you have to pay for quality, not all the time, but in the case of shoes, you can't scrimp on quality to cut costs. Because what you don't pay for now, you'll definitely be paying for later.

Happy Shopping! If anyone purchases these items, let me know how they turned out!

The List:

Ros Hommerson

I've heard some chatter about Ros Hommerson's selection of wide-width knee high boots, so I went looking there first. Amazement! I saw a few boots in particular that were worth while and they are under $200.00. But my favorite boot, is the Circus Boot. I love the folded detailing down the boot and the heel has some height, but not too much that you have to sit down after a few, "get-downs" on the dance floor.

The Specs:

Shaft is 15" high and measures 17 1/2" in circumference and the heel measures 2 1/2".

You can find these boots on endless.com for only $189.99! Follow the link below:


Ros Hommerson Circus Boot


Torrid

I don't need to give a big introduction to Torrid. Torrid is a chubby girl's dream for great finds. I have a couple (several) pair of Torrid boots.

My favorite pair are the Caramel Megan Western Boot. LOVES THEM! They are super comfy, good quality and I guarantee you will get a TON of compliments.

The Specs:
Shaft is 18" high and measures 18" in circumference (for a size 9) and the heel measures 1 1/4".

Hold on to your horses, these boots are only $62.00! I know, I know..

Caramel Megan Western Boot


Chinese Laundry

Chinese Laundry has been around for sometime. They have some great finds, but you usually have to wait around for them. They are not known for offering boots in wider widths, but we're in luck! The Chinese Laundry Turbo Leather Wedge Boot are a great a pair of over-the-knee wedge boots, that look O-mazing!

Now, here's the interesting news. The black pair, below, are my favorites. But, they seem to be of limited stock (only 5.5, 6 and 6.5). You can find the tan pair in abundance, but not the black pair. I'll keep this post updated, if they are ever restocked.

The Specs:

Shaft is 22" high and measures 18" in circumference and the heel measures 1.

The black pair can retail between $88.00 - 129.00.

Turbo Leather Wedge Boot - Black

The tan pair are available at DSW in ALL sizes (up to 11) for $79.95.

Turbo Leather Wedge Boot - Tan


Pleaser

I was alittle apprehensive about putting up this review, but, these boots are fierce! They are thigh high AND lace up. They have alittle dominatrix feel to them, but I think with the right, let me repeat this, the RIGHT outfit, I think these could be a winner. I think the black patent leather picture, gives you a better "feel" of the boot and their potential. I think rockin' these over a pair of your fav skinnies, would be the way to go.

The Specs:

Measures 16" in circumference in calf and 22" for thigh (based on size 7) and the heel measures 4".

These boots retail on Amazon.com at $92.40 and are available in:

Black


Black Patent
Vanity Thigh High Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment